Monday, September 24, 2012

Lazy Monday

We decided to take it easy today.  The only thing that we had to do today was take some sort of dessert to the church for the supper the ladies were taking to Elementary for the teachers during the parent/teacher conferences tonight.  I needed to go to Sams so I decided to take the easy way out and buy some red velvet cupcakes there.  What teacher doesn't love red velvet cupcakes?

Since the ladies were meeting around 2:30 to get everything ready for the supper, I decided that I needed to drop them off earlier.  I was afraid that the kids would take a late nap and there was no way that I wanted to wake them up just to drop off cupcakes.  The kids and I met Trey for lunch since he works across the street from the church.

After lunch and dropping the cupcakes off we came home so the kids could nap.  Elaina went right to bed, poor little girl was really tired.  Josiah, on the other hand, decided that he needed to watch Monsters Inc.  I used to always put on a movie for him bc he would sleep better, but lately if there is a movie on he will not nap.  I decided that I would see how it would go with a movie.  I don't figure he will sleep but since we have nothing to do tonight I thought I would see how it would go.

Well I was writing the above when Josiah was suppose to be napping.  Yeah, Let's just say that there will not be any more watch cartoons nap any time soon.  He was a MONSTER (and I don't mean the little cute monster or monstar that we called him as a baby).  It was so bad that at about 3:45 I made him go lay and he finally fell asleep and I let him sleep for an hour before I made him get up.

Then we went for a walk/tricycle ride.  Elaina pushed her stroller around and Josiah tore up the side walk with his tricycle.  Elaina, for some reason, decided that she needed to walk where she wanted to when she wanted to.  So needless to say she ended up strapped in the stroller and kicking, bucking, and SCREAMING all the way home.  I guess she thought it was her turn to be a monster.

After we got home we had a nice supper and a calm evening before the kids went to bed.  


No comments:

Post a Comment