Today we got a little snow. The kids were so excited, so we bundled up to play in it. They had the best time running around the yard. We started out in the front yard and then moved to the back.
Josiah wanted to ride his jeep around and of course he had a little passenger. Elaina wanted to swing in her swing but it was full of snow and water so I wouldn't let her. She had to find other things to play with. They both had a blast. Josiah was ready to go in when I told them it was time (mainly because his mittens were wet); but Elaina, not so much. She threw a fit not wanting to come in. She laid down in the floor screaming while I was taking off her wet clothes.
It really starting coming down while we were getting ready for lunch. I got the idea to sit out some bowls to collect snow so that we could make snow ice cream. I kind of wish that we would have waited and went out when it was snowing really hard, but the kids enjoyed playing when we did so that is all that mattered.
Josiah kept looking out the window telling me that the bowl was getting full. He was so excited to make ice cream. I was afraid that he would take a nap, so I let him sleep in our bed to prevent him just staring out the window watching the snow.
After both kids got up and had time to wake up a little I went and got the bowls of snow. I was able to gather a little extra off the table that the bowl. I gave the kids a little bit of the snow to play with while I mixed the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla with the snow. Josiah had fun playing with it and Elaina didn't like it at all. I thought I would take a picture of them playing with the snow at the table and she started SCREAMING. She was so mad that I took her picture.
They both enjoyed their ice cream. Shortly after we ate our ice cream, we got bundled up to g back out and play in what was left of the snow. Trey got home early because they let school out an hour early, so he got to play some with the kids. They really had fun once daddy got home.
We really enjoyed our snow. We are suppose to get hit by an ice storm tonight, but the latest report looks like it might move just south of us. While I wouldn't mind Trey having a snow day, I am not fired up at the thought of all the problems that come with an ice storm; loss of electricity, iced in the house bc it is to slick to go outside, etc. I guess we will see what happens over night.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment