Elaina has been begging for some daddy time just so she can go see Star Wars. Trey and I went a watched it before Christmas and then he took Josiah. Elaina was so distraught that she diddn't get to go with them. She started begging and begging for some daddy time. Trey told her that it would have to be on a weekend because he doesn't work then. He never really told her when, but she said ok and the Saturday she got up saying it was her day for daddy time and that they were going to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens (yes she know the whole name of the movie).
Trey had gotten up with the kids and let me sleep in. And this time I took full advantage of it. Normally when he gets up with the kids I will sleep a little longer and then get up around 8 at the latest. This time I slept till after 9:30.
After I got up we decided that it would be a good idea for them to go. We also felt that we needed to reward Josiah for his awesome report card. We asked Elaina if Josiah could go with them and she got super excited and said yes. I'm not sure if she just wanted to go see Star Wars so bad that she would agree to anything or if she really wanted Josiah to come along. So Trey took the big 2 to McDonalds for lunch, because they had Shopkin toys in their Happy Meals. Elaina LOVED getting the Shopkin toys.
Emmett was not to happy that he didn't get to go, but he settled for Mommy time and some extra paci time. He was probably happier about the paci time than Mommy time. We ate lunch out of the muffin pans; his and Elaina's new favorite thing. After lunch we played on the iPad a little and then noticed that the rain had stopped.
We put our rainboots and then headed out to find some puddles. Emmett loves to splash in puddles. He ran up and down the driveway and side walk jumping in all the puddles he could find. We weren't out long before I needed to go in a get a jacket. Emmett didn't want to go in so I told him that he could wait in the backyard.
I got distracted by something he side and didn't go get our jackets. A few minutes later I noticed that the temperature was really dropping, and Emmett was saying he was cold and ready to go in.
We went inside and watched some cartoons while we waited on Trey, Elaina, and Josiah to get home. We all had a fun day and the kids got to spend some special time with Trey and I.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment