The kids got to make themselves a special Valentine snack. I had seen were you could make cute cookies by dipping strawberry sugar wafers into white almond bark or icing and then decorate them with sprinkles.
I thought this would be an easy and fun craft/snack for the kids, so I made sure that I picked up a package of the sugar wafers. The only problem was that my strawberry wafers were not pink. Aldi has removed a lot of the artificial dyes from there products so we had to improvise.
I decided to color the icing since the cookies were kind of a beige color. It worked out great because I had an orange icing already at the house. I used a little red coloring and was able to turn the icing a pinky red color. The kids loved it.
Of course since this is my kids that we are talking about they didn't want to use the valentines day sprinkles. Nope they wanted the Halloween ones. I think they did use the rainbow colored ones as well.
They got to cover their cookies with icing and sprinkles and then eat their masterpieces.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment