Last night we went to watch the Memphis Redbirds play. We had found out that it was one of the times that they did fireworks after the game so we knew Josiah would love it.
We decided to sit in the bluff section and it was a lot steeper and more crowded than I had expected it to be. But we had plenty of room and lots of fun.
The kids got board by about the 4th inning so after the 5th we went walking around. They were a little disappointed that they didn't have a playground like the Naturals had, but were glad that we ran into a friend while we were walking. They played and talked with Charlie for a little while and then we went back to our seats.
While we were walking around we saw Rocky the Redbirds mascot. The kids had all said they wanted to see him and get a picture. But Josiah was the only would go get in the picture.
Elaina said that he Rocky was not as creepy as Strike, but she liked Sinker better and didn't go get a picture made.
When I asked Emmett if he wanted a picture his response was, "Ummm, Nope." So no picture of him with Rocky either.
Of course Elaina and Emmett decided to entertain themselves by taking pictures with my phone. There were a lot of selfies and a few other pictures.
After the game, we lost :-( 3-0, they began setting up for the fire works. I was a little concerned when I saw them pull out a trailer with the fireworks on it. I thought there is no way this will be the big fireworks. I was wrong; it was the big fireworks and a long show. Since they were firing them out from the middle of center field they had to cover the are with tarps to protect the field. It took them several minutes to get it all set up, but it was worth it.
We all had a great time and Trey is excited that he can cheer for the Cardinals organization again. Josiah wouldn't let him cheer for the Springfield Cardinals when they played the Naturals. He said we always had to cheer for the naturals, no matter who they played.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment