Sunday, December 4, 2011

A visit to the fire station

A few weeks ago the preschool group went to visit to fire station.  Josiah was unsure of everything at first but when it was time to go he was giving them all high fives and telling them see you later.  He did not really like the fireman that was wearing all the fire gear, especially when he put his mask on and started breathing through it.  I think that he would have climbed up onto my head if I would have let him. 



Josiah did not like this part at all 
After they showed the fireman in his gear we got to go see the ambulance and fire trucks.  The fireman did a great job getting the kids to open up and participate.  They kept working with them until the kids would talk to them. 
I think that Elaina is the only kids listening; all the others are checking out the trucks.
The fire man got a good laugh when
Josiah called this a toy ax (from his little a book)
After seeing the ax he started to open up.  He got excited when he got to hold one of the nozzles for the hose.  I had to tell him it was ok to hold it.  They also let the kids hold one of the hoses that was rolled up. 
Heaby (heavy) Momma!!
After Josiah the other kids wanted to hold it too.
Josiah was really excited to hold the hose until he saw the bird fly by.  I wish I had
gotten the fireman's face in the picture, he was trying hard not to laugh
Next the kids got to sit in the fire truck.  Josiah didn't really want to at first, so all the other kids got to sit in it.  As we were about to move on to the next thing he wanted to, so the fireman told him to climb on up.  He was acting all scared so they told him that I could sit in it with him.  I sat him up in the truck and handed the camera to one of the other moms, and I as I started to climb into the truck I heard "No, Momma, No."  He had decided that he didn't want me up there with him.

Future fireman?
Josiah ABSOLUTE favorite thing was getting to shoot water (spray the fire hose).  He jumped up there first when they asked if anyone wanted to spray the hose.  He didn't look at me to see if it was ok or wait to see what the others did; he just ran up to the guy that asked.  He actually grabbed the lever and started spraying the water before the guy checked the setting and of course the other fireman had set it so it would blow back on the one holding the hose.
Getting ready to knock the cone down with the water
Hey you set this up to get us wet.  Josiah got them back though,
he tried to spray them after he knocked down the cone.
This is how it is suppose to work.
We really had a good time at the fire station and would like to thank all the fireman who took the time to show us around.
Oh and we can't forget about Elaina.  She had fun in her stroller playing with her toys, but she knew how to get attention.  Anytime that someone would talk to her she would just kick her feet and laugh, so they would keep talking to her.

Elaina playing with her toys

Some one is talking to me, time to be super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment