Today (wow for some reason I never put the pictures on this and didn't post it last Friday 9-27) we had absolutely NOTHING to do and it was such a great feeling. Between doctors and dentist appointments, preschool and playdates it seems like we have been going non stop. I love taking the kids to play at the park and meet up with friends at the pumpkin patch and all the other great things that we have been doing but I was really excited to have a day that we were able to stay home.
After breakfast we played with the Bat Cave while Emmett napped. We each had characters and tried to trap the others. I really had a good time playing with the little figures.
After that we went outside and played in the front yard. I don't know why but they love when they get to play in the front yard; I guess it is because they don't get to do that all the time. I decided to set Emmett up in his exersaucer and let him play while watching his brother and sister. I think that he had a great time too.
I was able to set up a little shade for him using a kitchen chair and a towel so he really enjoyed it. I saw a picture of a friends kids painting with water on the driveway and thought that was something that my kids would love.
Josiah got a little upset that it would disappear so fast. I was proud that he knew it was disappearing because the water was drying up. He decided to get the chalk out so his drawing would last. Of course the chalk ended up in the water and they were both amazed that the it bubbled when dropped into the water.
I didn't really know what would happen when it got wet, but figured it didn't really matter if they got some of it wet because we have had this chalk since before we moved up here over 2 years ago. Josiah said that the wet chalk looked like paint; it was a lot brighter looking that the dry chalk.
They both had a blast dipping the chalk in the water and drawing with it and then using the brushes to paint over it with the water.
Next we had lunch and then naps. After naps we had a lazy afternoon of watching toons a having a snack. We also made jello jigglers. The kids had the hardest time waiting the 3 hours for the jello to set up. They also played in the backyard while I got supper ready.
After supper we had a netflix night since we weren't going to the football game. The kids got to stay up super late and taking turns picking things for us to watch on Netflix. Once the jello had set up they got to eat their jiggles and they were so excited.
It was a really nice day after having such a busy week.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment