This year Josiah knew exactly what he wanted. He was going to be Iron Man. He found one at Sam's that had an actual light in the chest and he thought it was the coolest thing ever.
Elaina a little more difficult. She kept saying that she was going to be Minnie Mouse because that was what she was last year. Every time I asked her what she wanted for her costume she would say that she had a Minnie Mouse one. Finally we convinced her that she could get a new one that would fit her better, and she decided to be a princess. They had several princess ones at Sam's so we were able to get hers there too. I just knew that she would want Cinderella, but thankfully I was wrong. They didn't have one in her size, and I was afraid she would be mad. She looked over the rank and then pulled one out and said this one. She was holding a little mermaid one, so I found one in her size. She was so excited to be a mermaid princess as she called it.
I had told my mom that Emmett would just wear the penguin costume that Elaina had worn her first year (Josiah was Buzz Lightyear and she was Weezey), but we found a little football player one that was perfect for him so I had to get it.
They kids got a lot of use out of there costumes this year. 1st we went to a friends birthday party that was about a week before Halloween and had a dress up hayride.
Then we had a Halloween party at preschool and all the kids wore there costumes. They were all so cute.
Then we went to little sprouts at the Botanical Gardens and they had a costume parade. Elaina insisted on wearing her Minnie Mouse one and I said ok. It was pouring rain and her mermaid one was a little too long so I thought the Minnie Mouse one was a great idea.
| Not only did we see Captain America, we also had Hulk there too. |
Next we went to the dentist in costumes. Yes they had dentist appointments on Halloween. More on this in a later post.
Then we went Trick or Treating. We went to several house in our neighborhood, to a nursing home, and then to a couple of the coaches that Trey works with. The kids had a blast and got a lot of use out of their costumes.





very kool says papaw Mark!
ReplyDelete