Josiah came in from playing in the yard saying that he needed a big clipper thing and some help. I was not sure what he wanted or why. He soon showed me a pants hanger and asked if he could have it. I was still unsure what was going on so I followed him to the back yard to see what he needed.
He wanted to attach the big toy bucket to his jeep and pull it around the yard. While I was excited about his creativity and that he had figured out what he needed to attempt his idea, I was not so sure that the invention itself was a good idea. I could just see Elaina in the bucket getting drug all over the yard (or him in the bucket telling her to drive, which would probably be worst).
I helped him attach the bucket with the supplies that he had gathered. Of course it didn't stay attached very long (but that was kind of the point). After reattaching it a few times, he looked at it and said " I know; we need a rope."
While I was proud that he came up with the rope idea, I was also afraid to find him a rope. I told him that he would have to ask daddy about a rope. He has since forgot about it, so I don't have to fear one of my children getting drug around the yard in the bucket.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment