Josiah asked if he and Emmett could have their birthday party together, and of course we said yes. Emmett's birthday is 5 days after Josiah's so having them together was really a lot easier.
Josiah loved watching the Olympics this year, so we had an Olympic theme party. He was so excited because he wanted to play a bunch of games with his friends. He came up with all kinds of games to play (some of which would have been impossible to attempt). I had planned on making him a cake with the Olympic Rings made out of M&Ms, but then I showed him a picture of torch cupcakes and he just had to have them. I baked his cupcakes in ice cream cones and then used red, yellow, and orange icing to make the flame.
Josiah LOVED them and was so excited about them. I was glad that we found that idea and that they turned out good. I was afraid they would look like something that would end up on one the pintrest failure sites.
Trey did a great job with all the games. The kids had a football toss, jousted, threw javelins, and raced each other. Josiah loved all the competitions. Emmett had fun walking all over the place and playing with the sports equipment. He had a great time as well.
After all the games the kids ate the cupcakes, and Emmett had his own little cake. It took him a while to figure it all out, but once he did he devoured it. We left him alone with it longer than we did the other two, and he really chowed down. He was so excited.
We were blessed by all friends that showed up to help our boys celebrate their special day.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment