Monday, November 17, 2014

A week of COLD

It has been really really cold here since last Tuesday.  Last Monday I kicked the kids outside and made them play till even Emmett was begging to come in.  It was a nice warm day (70 degrees) and I knew it was going to get cold the next day.  I didn't realize that a week later the high would be in the upper 20s and that we would have already had a dusting of snow. 

Emmett and I stayed home from church yesterday because he had a fever since Friday night; thankfully it appears to have left and no one else has been sick.  It was snowing pretty good when Trey and the big kids got home, so of course they had to go run around in it.  Trey carried Emmett out to see it but only stayed a second because he didn't have shoes on. 

Josiah and Elaina ran around and were expecting to get a lot more.  Josiah made Trey set out a bowl to collect snow for ice cream and Elaina was upset when she got up from her nap and saw that there was not enough for a snow man. 

This morning it was COLD.  We didn't even attempt to go outside or go anywhere today.  The kids had fun playing inside especially with the box from Emmett's new car seat (His was expired and this one was on sale at target for a great price.  I am so mad at myself for not getting him this seat when we first moved him out of his carrier.  This one would have helped prevent floppy head while he was sleeping). 

Emmett also had fun with Chuck track and golf clubs.  Josiah and Elaina decided to run out of the box like football players and then dressed up in costumes.  They also used the box to make a mini putt course. 

I think for Christmas we need to find some one getting some new appliances and ask the for the boxes to give the kids.  Elaina and Emmett have colored and put stickers all over it decorating it.  Today was day 3 of playing with the boxes and they are still finding new ways to play with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment