This year for Halloween Elaina wanted to be a Purple Minion. After we bought the purple hat she decided she wanted to be the yellow one. She was really upset about being the purple one until I told her that she could still say Bee-dough bee-dough even if she was purple. Once she realized that she could do that all was right and she was happy again. She was the cutest Purple Minion EVER!!
Josiah was a little more difficult. First he wanted to be what does the fox say. Which I had no clue what that might be and he (probably thinking I was dumb) informed me that it was a fox. Well it was impossible to find costume that would work for a 5 year old boy. So after I said it would be a what does the fox say shirt with fox ears and nose; he decided that he wanted something else. Next he thought that it would be cool to be No Noggin, the headless scare crow from the Curious George Halloween special. Again no clue how to do that one. Thankfully he and Trey went to the Halloween store (and after Josiah got really scared and they left) and he kind of liked the Rocket Racoon from Guardians of the Galaxy. That led him to decide on Star Lord and he was set.
Emmett was easy as well. I found Josiah's costume from that age and couldn't resist him wearing it. I have thought about making him a yellow minion so he would go along with Elaina, but was afraid she would start back wanting to be yellow and we had the purple stuff. Once I saw Josiah's old one in the storage tub, I just couldn't resit.
| Josiah in the same costume |
| Josiah and Emmett at same age in same costume. |
We went to a carnival at a local elementary school and to our church's trunk or treat on Halloween. The kids got way to much candy. Then we came back to the house and Josiah handed out candy to our customers (as he called them) and waited till it was time to go to the end of the football game. It was freezing outside so we made sure that we got there right at the end so the kids could see Trey and play on the field.
Since Trey missed out the night before we went to a Halloween Mini golf event and they got even more candy. Emmett slept through most of the golf, but woke up to see the chicken which he like.
Elaina................
not so much. The kids had a blast and even got to share Halloween with Mamaw and Papaw. That not only made it easier for me, since Trey had a ball game; but also made it extra special for the kids.



No comments:
Post a Comment