Thursday, March 10, 2016

Mommy & Elaina day

I recently got to hang out with just Elaina.  She was enjoying the quiet house and didn't want to leave.  I needed to go to Sam's to get a few things, so I convinced her to go with the promise of Chick-fil-A. 

We had a nice lunch and then she got to go play on the playground.  There were 3 or 4 other kids there and she had a blast playing with them.  I was nice seeing her interact and make friends to play with.  This was probably the first time she has really had a chance to do that since we moved. 

I really felt bad when we had to leave because she was having so much fun.  At Sam's she found a couple of summer dress that she really really needed and they were priced really good so we got both of them.  After Sam's we ran to Aldi and then headed home.  I had thought about going to check the new outlet mall out, but Elaina wasn't really interested and we had gotten such a late start that we decided to just come on back home. 

When we got home Elaina decided that it was Duck Duck's (the duck that her paci was once attached to) birthday.  She made him a cake out of legos and set up a party with all her other stuffed animals.  It wasn't just any party; it was a surprise party.  All of Duck Duck's friends hid around the room and I brought him in and then hid too.  We all jumped out and yelled surprise; then Elaina set all the animals in their spots. 

I love her creativity and watching her play with her toys.  She has the best time just placing everything in its perfect place.  Every now and then I can catch her talking to and for them, but if she catches me watching she will stop.  She will fill one of her houses full of Shopkins, princesses, ponies, and whatever other little toy she is playing with. 

She is getting so big and really starting to lose the baby look.  I am so thankful for times like this that I get to spend with just her.  Its hard to that my baby girl will soon be five.

No comments:

Post a Comment