Sunday, March 13, 2016

Toothless

Last Thursday Josiah came home from school excited that he lost his top tooth.  He said that at lunch he bit into a roll and it fell out.  Trey actually picked him up that day and Josiah had him send me this picture as soon as he got him.

He had been hoping that he would loose his tooth at school because you get a little tooth box to put it in.  He had been talking about that long before his tooth ever got loose.  He so happy that it happened at school and he got the little box.  Even though it was lunch and he didn't get to eat much and was starving at supper.  He ate all his supper and then the rest of his lunch.

His other top tooth has been very loose, but he didn't want anyone to touch it.  This past Thursday it kept turning sideways and would hurt him, especially when he would eat something.  He would scream and I would have to straighten the tooth back up.  Each time I touched it I would try and give it a little tug, but he would scream and I couldn't get a good enough grip on it to get it out.

I told Trey about it hurting him and he said he would pull it.  Josiah was not happy at all that we were going to pull it.  He hid under the cover and screamed.  I told him that maybe since he was sick that the tooth fairy might give him double. He then said maybe I will get 10 and we said I don't know, let's find out.   I think the thought of getting extra coins was the deciding factor in agreeing to let Trey touch the tooth.  Trey told him that he was just going to try one time.  He used a wash cloth to get a good grip and gave a good tug and the tooth came right out.  As the tooth cam out Josiah started screaming the laughing.  He said that it scared him when it came out.

This time he had me write the To: Tooth Fairy  From: Josiah on the envelope (something that he came up with and does every time he looses a tooth) and put it under his pillow.  Or maybe it was my pillow since he was quarantined to out room with the flu.  He was so excited when he woke up to find 5 coins under the pillow.  As soon as he woke up he was yelling for me to come see. 




No comments:

Post a Comment