Saturday, September 19, 2009

4 Months

Josiah turned 4 months on September 8th. We had to change is dr appointment from the 1oth to the 14th. SAU was playing Valdosta (in GA only 14 hours away) and they were leaving on Thursday. So we moved his appointment to the following Monday. I am so glad that we moved it. We had to wait a while to see the dr and Josiah was getting fussy. To save time the called us back to get his weight before they had a room open. So we had to undress him & change his diaper out in the area where they check height, weight, and blood pressure. Trey laid him in the chair (only place other than the nurse's desk) that we could change him. The nurse offered to let us change him on her desk, but we didn't want to do that. I bet she won't ever offer that to us again, because Josiah peed all over himself while Trey was changing him. Next time I think I will just say I think we need to wait till we can get in a regular room. Then they sent us back to the waiting room and Josiah was over it. He was tired of being held and didn't want in his seat. The boy loves to stretch out. Josiah was not in a good mood at the dr office.

When we got to see the dr we discovered just how big our "little" (Ha Ha) baby is. He is 27 inches long and 18 lbs 14.5 oz., that is only an ounce and a half away from 19 pounds. Let's just say that he is big enough that he measurements were normal for a 6 months old. I asked the dr a question and he says yeah we will check on that since he is 6 months old now. I said no he is only 4 months and he looked at the chart and realized that he had skipped a column and was filling in everything as 6 months.



We had noticed that Josiah would ALWAYS sleep on the right side of his head and that it had started to get a flat spot. It doesn't matter what we do he will always end up lying on that same spot. Well after the dr finished checking him at his appointment he handed him back to me & before we could ask him about it he noticed it and started checking his head. He felt around on his head & said that the bones felt ok but that he was going to set up an appointment at the Arkansas Children's Hospital. That really scared me, I know that it is a great hospital, but in my mind it meant something was really wrong. You always hear about the really sick babies that get sent there so I was worried. The dr told us that the worst case would be that they would fit him with a helmet to help his head round out. He also said that this does not any of his brain development or anything. That made me feel a lot better. We are still waiting to hear when our appointment will be. I am a little nervous about that b/c we are just starting football season and this is a busy time for Trey. We have decided that if he has to wear a helmet that it will just help prepare him for football. He will really look like our little offensive line man.




No comments:

Post a Comment