Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Branson Christmas trip

This past Friday Trey & I celebrated our 5th anniversary. We decided to go to Branson & let Josiah see all the Christmas lights. We knew that he would love the tree. My parents have always went on weekend trips to Branson through out the year so they decided to meet us up there. Since they were meeting us we decided to go to the Dixie Stampede and let them watch Josiah for the evening. We had a lot of fun & Josiah even got to see snow. Well I think he could see it the little flakes were so small that they didn't even show up on the pictures, but that is as good as it get for us.

Saturday it was sooo COLD. Poor little Josiah was so bundled up he must have felt like the little brother on a Christmas Story. He had a good time at Silver Dollar City looking at all the people & the lights. They have a huge Christmas Tree with lights set to music. He stared at the tree in amazement.
The tree is set to music and the lights change in beat with the music. There are several videos of it on YouTube.


Josiah just stared at it the whole time. I don't even think he blinked during the show.




Trey & I had a nice dinner at the Dixie Stampede and really enjoyed the show. We even got picked to do the stick horse race. We won and got medals for our effort. Josiah did great with the grandparents, he was sound asleep in his pack and play when we got back to our room.

We were able to do a little shopping at the outlet malls on Sunday morning and then went back to Silver Dollar City to watch the performance of A Christmas Carole. We had seen it before but I have a friend from high school that is in it. Trey had to take Josiah out because he thought that he needed to talk to the actors. He was not bad, but we didn't want to be the parents that let their child disrupt the show for other. Trey sat out in the lobby & listened to the show & played with Josiah.


He sure can make some mean faces with his helmet on.



We had a great time. It was a nice anniversary present to each other.

1 comment:

  1. My parents and I went to the Dixie Stampede in Nashville one year. We loved it! I still have the boot that my drink was in. I'm glad ya'll had fun.

    ReplyDelete