We took Josiah to the county fair Thursday night and he had a blast. We thought that he would love seeing all the animals but he was more interested in all the lights. He every had a little goat that was rubbing on his hand and all he was concerned about was the spinning Gravitron and all it flashing lights. The squealing little pig caught his attention for a little while, but I think that he was afraid that the kids that were holding it were hurting it.
He did enjoy the animals when there were no lights to distract him. He liked the chickens and roosters when they crowed. After the animals we went walking out in the midway to let him see all the sites. We decided that Josiah needed a special treat. We were debating between cotton candy and a funnel cake.
The cotton candy was the winner, but it was a flop. He did not like it at all. If a piece touched his lip he would clap his mouth shut and not even taste it. I guess we should have tried the funnel cake instead. After the cotton candy we took Josiah to ride the carousel.
Again not a success. He grabbed onto Trey and refused to sit on the horse. He has ridden one before and loved it, but not this time. I will say that this one was fast. I was glad that it was Trey riding it with him and not me. Trey even commented that it almost made him sick. After that we let Josiah play the pick up duck game.
Josiah thought that he needed to play in the water before he choose his duck. After he selected his duck he got his prize. I don't know if he wanted to keep his duck, if he knew that we were going home, or if he was just supper sleepy.
He was not happy at this point. Trey fussed at me for standing there taking pictures while he was crying. After I put the camera up we started walking again and he was fine.
He finally realized that he had gotten a ball. He was so sleepy, so we decided that it was time to go home. All in all I would say that our 1st fair was a success.
Park City Utah
4 years ago









No comments:
Post a Comment