Monday, September 27, 2010

FOOTBALL

We finally had a home this past Saturdayy night. Not only did Josiah get to go to the game, but he also got  to do the Mulerider walk with the team.  I dropped Josiah of with Trey and then walked over the the Mulegating area (that is the SAU form of tailgating).  When I walked over to find Trey before they started to walk through the fans, he said that Josiah didn't want to get out.  I thought that they were riding over on the bus, but Josiah got to ride in the police car instead.  No wonder he didn't want to get out. 

After walking with the team we decided to go back home for a little while.  The game didn't start till six, and I didn't want Josiah to get tired before it even started.  We had a quick supper and Josiah played a little while before we went back to the game.

I was a little nervous about how he would do at the game, but he was awesome.  My goal was to stay in the stands until half time and then get the stroller and walk him if I had to.  He stayed in the stands the whole game and really enjoyed all that was going on.  My mom was there to help me so he was able to walk around a little in the bleachers.  I think that it also helped that our friends came with there 2 kids and they helped entertain Josiah as well. 

It was really funny at one point in the game the other team muffed a punt and Josiah yelled FUMBLE.  We all started laughing because it really was a fumble.  When Josiah first started playing with his football he refused to play with the little ones that we had him; he only wanted that was an old SAU game ball.  He would try to carry it around but would always drop it so we started saying fumble.  Now Josiah will throw it and yell fumble.  The other funny thing that he did during the game was fuss at a lady that was standing up in front of him.  There was a player hurt down on the field and Josiah was watching everything that was going on.  I think he was hoping that the ambulance would come on the field like at the high school game that we watched last week.  The player did have to go to the hospital, but the ambulance did not come on to the field.  Anyway the lady was blocking his view and just standing there talking on her phone.  Josiah got a little frustrated and got tired of waiting on her to move so he started grunting.  He was sitting in my moms lap and he was getting mad b/c the lady would not move.  Finally he slapped his hand on mom's leg and grunted really, really loud.  The lady heard him turned around and goes on I'm sorry and moved out of his view.  He was happy again once he could see what was going on.

Josiah got a little restless the last 7 or 8 minutes of the 4th quarter, but we were able to stay in the stands.  Since he was so good during the game I rewarded him after the game.  After we went down to see Trey after the game, I let him run around on the field.  He was so sleepy but he had so much fun, and did not want to leave when it was time to go. 

1 comment:

  1. Good job making it the whole game! Wrangling Arlington wore me out and we left at half time.

    ReplyDelete