Monday I picked Josiah up to find that he had a fever and would scream if you touched his right ear. We jumped in the car and headed back home. I knew that our Dr. was out of town this week so I was frantically trying to find a place to take him.
I found out that SMG has a walk-in clinic that was open late, so I took him there. The receptionist told me that they don't see children under five. I asked if there was any other place that I could take him besides the ER for an ear infection, and I guess they decided that they could treat him for that. We got in really fast and he did have an ear infection and was given 2 prescriptions.
Trey decided to take Josiah across the parking lot to check out the motorcycle that was parked and I was going to Wal-Mart to get the meds. They told me it would take about 30 minutes so I went and did some grocery shopping. When I walked back to the pharmacy they told me that they couldn't find him in the system. I gave them 2 prescriptions on 2 different pieces of paper and they found him in the system on 1 of them but not the other because they were spelling his name wrong. How could you not find one when you could find the other? So about 20 minutes later I find that they don't even have the antibiotic that he needed. They kept telling me that they would have it tomorrow. Hello my son has a 102.9 fever; I don't think that I will wait till the next day.
So I get the ear drops and go pay for the groceries. I finally leave the store after waiting for over an hour, but I only have the drops no antibiotic. So I decided to go to Wal-Greens. Even bigger mistake than going to Wal-mart. They tell me it will take about 30 minutes. I WISH!! After 30 minutes of waiting someone finally comes back to the counter and asks me what I am waiting for. Hello I gave you a prescription 30 minutes ago; that is what I am waiting on. She tells me that it will take a while b/c they were making a custom med for someone. They person got there 20 minutes after me and they were working on his first. I was beyond frustrated and exhausted. It was now almost 7:00 pm and I had not been home since I left that morning at 6:30.
I try to keep my frustrations in and not get mad. Well actually I was about to cry because I was so exhausted. I kept calling my mom and Trey and venting to them. I am so thankful that Trey had Josiah I could not imagine trying to entertain him during this waiting. I keep thinking they have to be close to getting my meds, but I kept waiting. Finally at 7:50 I get the medicine, and I swear I only got it then because they were getting ready to close at 8:00.
It only took 2.5 hours and 2 pharmacies, but I finally got the medicine that Josiah needed. The crazy thing about all this was after the Wal-Mart ordeal I was going to change our meds to Wal-Greens, but after the ordeal there I decided not to. I just wish that somewhere other than Wal-Mart had the $4 prescriptions, because we have 2 that are $4 and that saves us about $12 a month.
Trey pointed out later that night that I had been praying for patience with my students. I guess this was a way that God decided that I could work on developing patience. The medicine started working very fast. Josiah had a fever when we put him to bed, but when we checked him before we went to bed his fever was gone and it has not returned.
The pictures in the post were taking on Tuesday afternoon. Josiah decided that he needed to kick back and watch a little TV. He pulled his chair over to the corner and pulled the end table out so he could prop his feet up. He was kicked back like he was Mr Cool. Later that evening he decided that he wanted to watch Imagination Movers on the computer. He sat over there for the longest time being a big boy watching the videos.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment