Yesterday morning when Trey went to weights, I sat a bowl out hoping that we would get the amount of snow they were predicting. I wanted to make snow ice cream. The last few times that they predicted snow all we got was a light dusting or ice so no snow ice cream. This time however the bowl was almost full, so we only had to scoop a little bit off of the picnic table to get the amount we needed.
 |
| Paula Deen's recipe: snow, sweetened condensed milk, & vanilla |
I vaguely remember having some as a little kid and have always wanted to make it. I think I remember talking about the snow ice cream more than actually eating it. So I was really excited to make it yesterday. I think Trey thought I was crazy, but he went along with my idea. I guess he thought that he wasn't going to go against a pregnant woman's food cravings, especially one that is so hard to get. That or the fact that anything that has sweetened condensed milk as the main flavoring couldn't be to bad.
 |
| Hey, what is this? |
After we got it all mixed up, I fixed Josiah a little bowl. Which he quickly devoured and was asking for "more, more." So I gave him some more. I think that his evening nap may have caused more by a sugar coma than exhaustion from playing in the snow.
 |
| It sure is yummy |
Trey and I ate the rest of the ice cream, and he agreed that it was super tasty. Maybe the next time it snows (hopefully next year, we already have 3 snow days to make up), we will get enough to make it again.
 |
| Trey's 1st bite of snow ice cream |
Snow ice cream is the best!! My aunt (Mrs. Brown) would make it for us.
ReplyDelete