Friday, February 4, 2011

We really got snow this time

I woke up this morning to my phone ringing.  I startled me a little I was wondering who would be calling me at 5:00am.  I thought I bet it is a wrong number, but I answered it anyway.  It was my principal calling to tell me that school had been cancelled.  My first thought was Awww Mann it is one more day we will have to make up.  Then I went and looked out the window and saw that the ground was solid white.  We actually had snow, not just ice.
Our snow covered street

Trey had to go in for weights with the team at 6:00, but while he was there he got the word that the university was closed.  So after the groups all got through lifting he was off too.  After he left work he went to Wal-Mart to get us a few groceries.  Which was AWESOME!!!  We usually do our weekly shopping on Friday night so we were running low on milk and juice.  I was so thankful that he made the trip so I didn't have to deal with all the craziness.  He was able to get all the things we needed, so I guess the store was not to crazy.
What is going on here?

After Trey got home we bundled up Josiah and took him outside.  The snow was really coming down.  He was a little unsure of things at 1st but then he had a blast.  We decided to put him in his wagon and go for a walk.  He didn't want to get in his wagon at first but really liked the ride.
Yes he has socks on his hands.  He pulls his mittens off all the time,
so I thought I would try something else.  The socks stayed on.

We noticed that as his wagon was collecting snow that he was scooping it up and eating it.  I helped him out by making him a little snow ball to munch on.  I think that eating the snow was his favorite thing.
Throwing snow with Daddy

After walk we came back in a had lunch and then Josiah took a nap.  Well actually we all took a nap.  We needed to rest up so that we could play in the snow again. 
Trying to ride his four wheeler, but he kept getting stuck.

I think that we ended up getting about 3-4 inches of snow, which is a lot for us.
This was the snow that landed in his wagon on our walk.

1 comment: