And she had a blast. Of course she start off in the tree house that has all the foam balls, because that is Josiah's favorite. All we hear from him when he finds out that weh are going to SDC is "I shoot balls!" He loves to shoot the balls out of the air cannons and use the hoses to suck the balls up off the floor.
I think that Elaina may like the tree house just as much as her brother. She sat and played with the balls for a long time. She was happy to sit there while Josiah had to explore the other areas of the tree house. I think that part of the reason that she wanted to stay and play was that she had unshared daddy time. Which I know she LOVED!!!
After we left the tree house we went to the Half Dollar Holler area. This are has a little playhouse with ropes and nets that Josiah could climb on and through. There is also a carousal that both kids got to ride. This was Elaina's 1st time to get to ride any of the rides (other than the flooded one that I held her on).
She liked the ride but at one point she tried to stand up and climb off. Josiah was happy that he got to pick the animals that they rode on and I think that he liked that Sissy got to ride with him.
Finally we went and rode the bugs as Josiah calls them. It is a ride that has butterflies and grubs that go in a circle and you can push a button and make them go up in the air. Josiah ALWAYS rides in a grub, he will walk right past a butterfly to climb in a grub. I guess he think that the butterflies are for girls. He has rode this ride several times by himself, and is some what insulted if you ask him if you can ride with him. But this time he decided that his daddy
Elaina and I rode in the butterfly that was behind the guys. Trey was able to get a few pictures before the ride started, but we got fussed at and told no pictures during the ride. I don't know what they were worried about, because I don't think that Trey could have fallen out even if he tried to.
Elaina tried to push the button to make it go up in the air, but she couldn't push it hard enough to make it work. So I helped her make it go up. She LOVED the ride. She laughed and smiled the whole ride. She was so happy until it was time to get off; then she threw a big fit. She was not happy at all that she had to get off and she made sure that EVERYONE knew it.
We had a really fun day. It was nice to be outside and spend time together as a family. I love watch the kids faces light up when they are having fun. I think that Josiah's face as we were leaving shows how great of a time we all had. Elaina also was all smiles (well minus leaving the butterfly) too. She is really going to enjoy going to the SDC as well. Next summer we will have 2 kids begging to go



No comments:
Post a Comment