Thursday, August 30, 2012

No Room

Josiah has been complaining at nap time that he needs to sleep in our room, Daddy's bed as he calls it.  I thought it was just because he wanted to watch cartoons instead of napping.  I have been letting him but not turning on the tv, because the sun does shine into his big window a lot more than it does in our room.  His room is a lot brighter than ours and he seems to nap better in our darker room.  The other day I thought I would have him nap in his room, but he informed me after he got up for the 16th time that he didn't have any room in his bed.  I went in there and this is what I found.

I guess that I agree with him that he didn't have any room.  He had slowly been getting one more toy to put in his bed with him and he never took any out.  So he had accumulated quite a pile of toys in his bed.  Last night I finally drew the line and Trey and I removed all the toys.  He was not a happy camper.  I told him that he could have 4 toys in addition to his free toys.  The free toys were the ones that belong in his bed to begin with, which were Mickey; Catty the cat that use to be his paci; his dream light (starry night as he calls it), which is actually Elaina's while his is being sent back; glow worm; Billy the bat, which helps protects him from thunder; Bean, his build a bear turtle; and his little tyke light, which is a blue night light kind of shaped like a man.

So I was already giving him 7 toys, so giving an extra 4 toys still meant that he had 11 toys in his bed.  Thankfully he choose small toys.  He wanted his 2 power rangers, a ninja guy that he calls a power ranger, and a happy meal toy that shoots a disk.  He had much more room in his bed last night and we didn't hear near as many thuds as he fought sleep by playing with all the toys, or during the night when he was rolling around on all the toys. 

He may not have slept any better last night but it did seem easier to get him to sleep.  I guess I am going to have to make sure that he isn't slowly sneaking more and more toys into bed with him, and prevent him from ending up with no more room.

No comments:

Post a Comment