Thursday, August 16, 2012

Soccer Time

I signed Josiah up to play soccer this fall.  He had his first practice last Thursday.  He had a BLAST!!!!  We went the weekend before to get him the correct size soccer ball (he had to have the green one), shin guards, and of course cleats.  He was so proud of his soccer stuff that he told anyone that would listen about it.  He made us put it on him when we got home with it and he had to play soccer in the yard.

Thursday at practice he had a lot of fun.  My parents were visiting so my mom kept Elaina so I was able to get a lot of pictures of his practice.  There were nine kids at practice and they all seemed to have a good time.

The coach had them play several little games with their soccer balls and of course let them kick goals, or make a score as Josiah calls it.  He was so excited that he made a "score."  Most of the practice was spent just letting the kids play and kind of get use to each other.  Josiah's favorite was playing duck, duck, goose at the end of practice.  He always wants me to play it with him.  He just doesn't understand that you can't play that with just him, Elaina, & me. 

It will be interesting to see how the next few practices go.  I am not sure that any of the kids are going to want to play with each other. But that is what makes this age fun. 

 I can't wait to get his uniform and let him try it on. He is getting so big and I think that his uniform is really going to make him look grown up. 

I am also glad that most of their games will be on Saturdays so that will make it easier for Trey to attend some of the games.  I can't wait to see how they all do in a game. 

No comments:

Post a Comment