The kids made birds for our Christmas tree. I thought it would be cute to let them glue feathers on them and of course Josiah wanted to paint them. So I let them paint the birds first and the we glued the feathers on after the paint had dried.
I wasn't sure how Elaina would do put I printed her one too and gave her the little toddler paint things that we have. She painted on the bird a little and then decided that it was more fun to take them in and out of the package.
She got paint all over her hands, but this time she thought it was funny. No screaming like she did the last time.
Josiah decided that one paint brush was not enough. He needed 2 one for each hand so he could paint with both hands at the same time.
They painted them in the morning and then later that afternoon they glued the feathers on and put a wiggle eye on it. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the feathering. The glue had to dry over night and the next morning I put them on the tree.
Of course somebody was not happy that her bird was on the tree. She snatched it off and carried it around with her most of the morning. Oh and I got dirty looks for trying to put it back on. So I waited till she got bored with it, and then I put it back on the tree. This time well out of her reach.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment