Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fun Day

Monday night I decided that I have been letting the kids watch to much TV.  I have had it on for "back ground noise" for me but the kids have gotten in the habit of watching it way to much.  They will zone out watching cartoons and I decided that we were going to start turning the TV off after breakfast. 

So on Tuesday I put my plan into action. They played games for a little while and then we went outside shortly after breakfast and the kids had a blast playing.  They played on the swings, rode Josiah's jeep until the battery died, and just ran around playing. 

After playing in the backyard for a while I thought about going for a walk, but Emmett wanted to eat.  So we just went to the front yard and Josiah rode his bike and Elaina tried to ride a little battery operated 4 wheeler that no longer works.  She got really upset when the recycle truck came by and Josiah was on the sidewalk across the street.  I ran pulling her 4 wheeler up the drive way screaming bubba.  I had to reassure her that he was ok as long as he stayed on the sidewalk. 

The kids also played with chalk.  Josiah drew them a hopscotch board and they played with it for a while.  He also drew and A on the driveway and told me to look at it then he drew a bunch more and the an O and U. I didn't get any pictures of playing in the front yard. 

After playing in the front, we went inside so I could fix lunch.  The kids wanted to go back outside so they went on the backyard.  When  I peeked outside to check on them this is what I found. 

Josiah was trying to climb up the outside of the playset.  I also realized that Elaina can climb up the rock wall now.  She had a blast going up in and the down the slide. 

When the the recycle truck came by it spilled a bunch of Styrofoam peanuts.  Of course it was super windy so they blew everywhere including all in our yard.  I told the kids that we would paint after naps if they picked them up.  So Josiah went inside and got a cup to put them in and they both ran after the peanuts picking them up.

After they brought them to me I thought that they would have fun painting with them, so I told them we would do that after they got up from their nap.  I was right they had a blast.

It was really cool to see the different designs and textures that they got for them peanuts.  I love watching them get excited when they discover new things.

The turn off the TV plan was a success.  The kids didn't even act like they missed it.  Of course they got to watch it at breakfast, lunch, and right after nap, but it was just a little while at a time and we turned it off the rest of the time.  I must say it was really peaceful not having it on all day.

No comments:

Post a Comment