Saturday, April 18, 2015

Elaina's and Emmett's Minion Party

Emmett's birthday is just 5 days after Josiah's, and last year Josiah asked if he and Emmett could share a party.  Of course we agreed to that.  Well this year Elaina was begging us to share her party with Emmett.  I mean she was in tears at time saying how she and "Init" (what she calls him) would never share a party and how it was not fair that he and Josiah would always share and not her.  She even started campaigning with Emmett; she would say to him don't you want a Minion party with me and not what Josiah's theme is.  We decided that if it was that important to her that we would go ahead and let them have one together.  We knew that Emmett wouldn't really care when his party was and that we would be inviting a lot of the same people.  We also figured it was better to do it now before Emmett developed a strong opinion on who he shares a party with. 

After we decided to have theirs together, I asked Emmett what he wanted on his cake.  I figured I could just make 2 smaller cakes for them that had whatever they wanted on it.  Emmett said that he wanted "frinkles" (sprinkles) on it.  I asked him if he wanted some of the things that he is into and he said no just frinkles.  Well that made things really easy.  All I had to do was add sprinkles to Elaina's Minion cake and everyone was happy.  Elaina decided that she wanted her minion people on her cake so I made a blue and yellow layer cake and added the yellow ball and blue sugar sprinkles that Emmett picked out. 

I also attempted to make Minion cake balls.  They didn't turn out quite like I had planned, but they weren't absolutely terrible either.  I just don't have good luck with covering things with candy melts.  Its always to thick and doesn't cover things smoothly.  But my little minions were so ugly that they were almost cute.  And Elaina loved them, so that is all that really mattered.

Elaina wanted the party at our church like last year.  (Last year it was raining so we had to move her park party inside).  I think what sold her on that was getting to use the scooter boards.  This year we also had the parachute.  We let the kids just play with each other and have fun for a long time and then did a few relays with the scooters. 

Once the kids were all tired and thirsty we had cake and ice cream.  Emmett was little concerned when Trey lit the candles.  I'm not sure if he thought his daddy was going to burn the cake or if that is just the first time he had really ever been close to fire.  Either way he looked as if he was about to cry. 

After cake we played with the parachute and the kids had a blast.  I think their favorite was trying to get the 2 big fish off of it.  They also liked going under it too.

Finally we hit the pinata.  My mom go the a Minion pinata on clearance for $5 so I was super excited about that.  When she brought it up to us I put it in our bedroom and Elaina didn't know that we had it.  The morning while Trey was still asleep (so the light was off and it was kind of dark) and my dad was  in the kids bathroom, Elaina had to use the bathroom.  I told her to go to ours and she started into my room.  She stopped a few steps in and came back.  She was outside her bathroom whining about having to pee.  I told her to go to my bathroom.  She looked at me all sacred and said "No, there's a Minion in there."  She wouldn't go in until I got it and showed her it was just a pinata. 

The kids had a blast hitting the pinata, and thankfully it wasn't as hard to break as the one we made last year out of grocery bags. 

We are truly blessed to have such wonderful friend to come out and help us celebrate our kids birthday.  Elaina and Emmett had a blast at their party.  Thanks to everyone for making it such a special day for them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment