Monday, March 30, 2015

Springbreak part 2

Thursday morning we woke up and it was still raining and really cool.  The radar showed that the rain was moving out so we decided to go on with our plan to go to Silver Dollar City.  We took our time getting everyone ready and Emmett was a real fun to get dressed. 

I was worried about him peeing through his diaper during the night, because I forgot to bring a cloth diaper to put over his regular one.  He loves to pull on the sides of his diapers and they always leaked at night from him pulling on them.  I was able to fix the problem by adding a cloth diaper over his regular one; the cloth one keeps everything in place when he pulls the other one loose.  He didn't pee through it which was a relief, but he decided to poop all over me when I changed him.  He started laughing and tooting when I was changing him and next thing I knew he pooped everywhere. 

After a quick breakfast at the hotel we headed to SDC.  We were stopped at the red light just before turning into the park and Emmett made a funny coughing sound and started crying.  As we were turning at the light Elaina yelled "Oh No Innitt (what she calls him)" in her something is really wrong voice.  Thinking he might have gotten a hold of the DVD player cord, I ask what's wrong.  Josiah and Elaina both yell "Emmett puked."  Yep that right he threw up all over himself and his carseat.  On vacation at Silver Dollar City where the van would sit on a parking lot all day. 

There was no place to stop until we got into the parking lot, so we had to wait a few extra minutes to clean him up.  Thankfully I made sure to put a change of clothes in the diaper bag before we left the hotel (see poop story above).  Poor baby was cover it was AWFUL!  It was so bad that the take a picture then take care of the problem never entered my mind.  Maybe it was because I was trying so hard not to throw up.  I must admit that I didn't fully succeed at that, but I did manage to cause the car that was about to park a few spaces away from me to speed away like a bat out of you know where.  Finally I am able to get control of the situation and start the massive clean up.  Of course there was only 2 paper towels on the roll that was in the van, but I had a full pack of wipies.

Things I learned through all this:   1) wipies are not the best option to clean throw up out of a car seat.  2) milk is on of the worst thing that can be thrown up 3) the dvd player was a lifesaver entertaining the other 2 during all this 4) Thankfully Trey was there to help get Emmetts pants off (it was a 2 person job) and then able to get him redressed 5) Thank God for Sam's club Lysol sample that has been in the van forever.  I am serious I prayed and thanked God that the sample can of Lysol was there.  Trey was able to hose his seat down and that took care of the odor.  The van didn't stink when we got back in. 

Ok now back to the fun part.  We finally enter the park and get the kids measured.  Josiah was a little disappointed that he was about an inch to short to ride Wild Fire, the only roller coaster that he cant ride there. After that we headed to the new area of the park, Fireman's Landing.  Trey and Josiah went to ride Firefall and I took the little 2 to check out the play area.  Soon Elaina notice area where you play with the balls and off we went. 

Emmett loved this area and cried when we left because I wouldn't let him take the bucket and balls with us.  There were several other rides that the kids rode in this area.  Including the dogs, swings, and Up the Ladder, which it a ride that goes up and down.  Emmett was able to ride it all and I think he really enjoyed it, especially the dogs.  They were his favorite kind fake. 

Elaina was excited that we ran into my cousin and his family.  She got to ride things with her 10 year old cousin.  She really thought that she was something when she got to wait in line with just her.  The boys (except for Emmett) all went to ride a roller coaster and the girls stayed and played in Fireman's Landing.  Elaina got to ride 2 or 3 rides with just Brooke, and she loved every minute of it. 

Josiah loved the Fire Fall ride and that he could ride all the coasters again.  He was a little upset that he didn't get to ride Powder Keg because of line length on Thursday and to cold on Friday, but riding the other rides made up for it. 

Thankfully Friday was a much less eventful arrival at the park.  The kids got to ride all their favorite rides again plus a few more.  We left the park around lunch time and went  to get something to eat. After lunch we heading home.  We all had a great time and enjoyed our little vacation. 


No comments:

Post a Comment