Thursday, October 21, 2010

Bo Bo

When I got at daycare to pick Josiah up this afternoon, I noticed that he had a band-aid on his head.  He was in the buggy so he was not really interested in me being there, and when I asked him about it he looked the other way.  His teacher said that he was running on the playground and fell and hit his head on the sidewalk.  Come on teacher mom, why haven't I taught my son that you don't run at school?  Oh yeah, that's right, he runs EVERYWHERE he goes.  I don't think that my son knows how to walk.  They said that he didn't cry when he fell.  The teacher said that she almost did when she saw all the blood all over his face, but he got him up and took him inside to clean him up.  Once they got it cleaned up, they noticed that it was just a tiny little cut.  They put some ointment on it, and then went to put a band-aid on it.  Yeah that was a mistake, because Josiah HATES band-aids.  If a 17 month old could hate something with a passion that is how he would hate band-aids.  They said that he started screaming and fighting them as they tried to put it on.  They decided to try a smaller band-aid and Josiah gave in and let them put it on.  I told them that he does not like band-aids and that we had to take the one off of his knee when he cut it, because he would look at it and scream when he saw it.

Josiah was so sleepy and cranky this evenign when we got home, so we put him in bed for a nap while we cooked supper.  We had already planned on cooking spaghetti for supper and I was glad because that is Josiah's favorite meal.  I guess he was still sleepy when he 1st got up because he was super cranky and did not want to eat at all.  He would eat a bite here and there but not like he normally does with spaghetti. 

I was starting to get worried that something might really be wrong with him.  I know that it was a good thing that the bump was swelling out, and that the cut was not deep, and that he didn't appear to have a concussion; but something HAD to be wrong for him not to eat speghetti. 

We decided to talk a walk and I guess that was what Josiah needed to cheer him up.  Maybe he was mad that I got him out of the buggy at daycare.  He had a good time on our walk.  Trey taught him was the moon is and he loves to point at it and say "moon."  When we got back to the house he was in a much better mood and we gave him his supper again.  This time he chowed down.

I broke the spaghetti in half when I cooked it thinking that would make it easeir for Josiah to eat.  Well I guess I should have left it whole and then cut it up on his plate.  He had fun grabbing a handful and eating a spaghetti nest. 

He was feeling much better after supper and we let him stay up and play for a long time.  The little guy is now fast asleep, but I know that he will have a nice bruise and bump on his head in the morning. 

I guess we are lucky that he can't see this "bo bo" because the way he is milking his knee scrape, there is no telling what he would do with this one.  You can barely see any pink on his knee anymore but he still points to it, looks all sad, and says "bo bo" in the most pitiful voice that you have ever heard.  He would be supper pitiful with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment