Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Yesterday was a big day for Josiah.  First we had a home football game, it was homecoming and there was a lot going on.  I decided to skip out on a lot of the festivities knowing that it was going to be a long day.  We went of to the Mulegating (SAU's tailgating), but I forgot my camera.  Josiah climbed into one of the bouncy things and played for a little while.  He wanted to go on the big blow up slide thing but the kids that were climbing we very wild.  I would have let him try it if the big kids were not acting so crazy.  I was not afraid that he would fall and get hurt, but afraid that he would climb up and get stuck and I would have to go up and get him; but the wild and crazy kids prevented that.  The entry to the bouncy house was tiny like maybe 2 feet in diameter, and I was thinking how am I going to get Josiah out of this when it is time to go.  He had been playing in it for about 5-10 minutes when another mother had one of the bigger kids in the house bring her baby over to the door so she could her out.  I thought good that is how I will get Josiah out, but to my surprise he decided that he was ready to get out.  He walked over to the door, waited for the little girl to get out of the way, and then he crawled out like a big boy.

After playing in the bouncy house we went down to the game.  I discovered that Josiah no longer likes fireworks.  Why they shoot fire works at a afternoon game I have no idea, but for some reason they always do.  Anyway Josiah was not happy about them, and I was thankful that they only shot them at the beginning and the end of the game, not after every score like they have in years past.  The game started at 2 and Josiah did great considering that he had to have a super early nap.  He was really good till about 5 minutes left in the game, and then he started to get restless.  He almost fell asleep at one point, but we scored and everyone started cheering and that startled him awake.  After that he was not about to go to sleep.  Of course the game went into overtime.  Thankfully this time it was only one over time; last year it went to 5 OTs.  We won by a field goal in over time.  It was a great game and I am proud of all the guys for playing so hard.
Let's Go

After they game we took Josiah trick or treating for the first time.  This year Trey was able to go and Josiah had a blast.  Last year Josiah slept through most of it.  We went to a local church for a trunk or treat and meet up with some friends there.  (yeah I forgot my camera again).  Then we came back to the house and went trick or treating in our neighborhood.  Josiah loved being outside and had a blast with his flash light in his wagon. 



Super Man, a Pirate

and a monkey
After such a long day my little Super Man was exhausted.  He went to bed with out a peep.  I think he was actually relieved that he was finally in bed.

Note:  If you click on last year in the above post it will take you to the related post from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment