Sunday, October 24, 2010

LA State Fair


Josiah favorite place to ride

Trey had an off week this week so we decided to go to Shreveport for the day.  We went to the Boardwalk and did a little shopping.  There was a car show at the Boardwalk and Trey and Josiah had fun looking at all the cars while I went into the stores looking for Josiah some pajamas and something for pictures that we will have made after football season.  I was able to find a good deal (buy one get one free) at the Carter's store on some PJs but they only had 1 pair of footie pjs so the other pair is regular ones.  I also found a pair on the clearance rake that said Big Brother so I went ahead and got those too.  After the Boardwalk we went to the LA State Fair.  We didn't ride anything but still had a good time.  It got a little hot when the breeze died down and I starting feeling a little drained. 
Josiah is squinting because the sun is bright; I am because my eyes are swollen b/c I have pink eye.


Josiah wanted to push his stroller


We left there and drove across town to go to Sam's and of course Josiah fell asleep right as we got to Sam's.  We put him in his stroller hoping he would stay asleep, but that didn't happen.  There was way to much going on for him to stay asleep.  After Sam's we headed to one of the Casinos for supper, Trey had saw that one of them had whole lobster on the buffet.  Trey said that the lobster was really good, but I don't eat seafood.  The rest of the buffet was really good though.  Josiah loved the mashed potatoes; I think they were his favorite because he could eat those with a spoon.  He loves eating with a spoon or fork now.  I guess I am going to have to remember to take on of his little spork with us when we go out to eat.
We got to see a lot of animals
Trey said to make sure that I pointed out that Josiah was hitting the hog.

We had a really good time and Josiah loved getting to spend the day with his daddy.  We were all really tired and had a lazy day today.  We didn't go to church this morning b/c of my pink eye.  Being out in the open at the fair is one thing, but up close to a bunch of people at church is another.  I would feel awful in I gave this to some one else especially on of the kids.  So we all took long naps this morning to recuperate from our long day.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, beat that HOG!! Geaux LSU!!!! Or SAU!! I can root for both!

    ReplyDelete