Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Getting ready for bed

I bought Josiah some pajamas this afternoon.  It has finally gotten cool here (at least for the time being) and he always kicks his blanket off about 5 minutes after you cover him up.  I only got one pair because I was unsure of how they would fit and they were in a box so I couldn't get an idea if they ran small or not.  I know pjs are suppose to be snug, but we have had some in the past that looked like they were painted on.  I wanted a 2T, but our Wal-Mart doesn't have any 2T cloths for little boys.  They have 24 months (which I know is close to a 2T, but the 2Ts are usually longer) and then they jump to 3T.  There were several cute ones and I decided to let Josiah pick which one he wanted.  I showed him a Lightening McQueen pair and a Buzz Lightyear pair.  He grabbed the one he wanted and threw it in the buggie and handed the other pair back to me.  Which pair did he choose? 


He decided that he wanted the Cars pair.  I was impressed that he handed the other pair back to me after he decided which one he wanted.  He is such a big boy.

Speaking of Big Boys, my little monster LOVES to brush his teeth.  He gets excited when he sees me get his little toothbrush and toothpaste out.  He sits or lays down while I brush his teeth, and then he gets to finish brushing them by himself.  Tonight he didn't want to stop brushing his teeth so I was able to get a couple of pictures.



One other big boy note.  Last night as he was finishing up his bath, I opened the drain without him knowing it.  The water slowly drained out as he was playing.  He was scooping up water with a cup and pouring it out.  Once the water got to low for him to scoop it up he noticed that the water had drained out, and he looked at the water then at me and said "gone."  I did not know that he could say gone or that he knew what it ment.  I am constantly amazed at all the things he can do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment