Friday, November 11, 2011

Sleepy boy and sneaky girl

Sleepy Boy
Josiah is not a child that you can sleep with or hold when he is asleep.  I don't think we have been able to sleep or nap with him since he was a newborn.  We tried to put him in bed with us once when he was about 9 or 10 months old and that was a HUGE mistake.  At that time he had his helmet on and he thought he needed to sleep cross ways between Trey and I.  I kept getting kicked in the throat and I think Trey ended up with a bruise on his cheek from Josiah hitting in the face repeatedly with his helmet.  Needless to say we soon moved him back to his bed so we could all get some sleep. 
I can't even sleep with him when a storm blows in or something startles him at night.  If I try we are both up the rest of the night bc he will find a way to play.  So several months ago we were putting him back to bed when it was raining and Trey grabbed his little bat stuffed animal and told him that it would protect him.  So now Josiah will tell us that he needs Billwee (Billy is the bats name, well Billy the Buck Tooth Bat) to protect him from thunner (thunder). 
I write all this to stress how rare moments like this are

Trey and Josiah were both really tired after a Saturday afternoon of playing.  Josiah was getting super cranky and Trey was wearing down after a late night of football and an day of practice and then playing with Josiah.  Trey asked him if he wanted to be his snuggle buddy and Josiah said yes.  I don't think that he knew what that was but he went and laid down anyway.  I heard them reading books and playing for a while then it got really quiet so I went to check on them and found them both asleep.  Neither one of them even wiggled when I took pictures. 

Now Josiah is asking Trey to be his snuggle buddy all the time.  I still get kicked out of my own bed so Josiah can lay in Daddy's bed to watch cartoons when he wakes up in the mornings; I can't even stay in the room. 

One afternoon he didn't want to take a nap, so I told him he had to rest.  I let him lay in our room and watch cartoons.  I didn't want to force him bc I knew it would be about 2:30 or so before he went to sleep and then he would nap to late.  Well after watching a few cartoons he got up and started to play with the garden and slide that we made into a tent ALL THE TIME.  I was cooking supper and noticed he had gotten to quite, so I went to check to see what was going on.  This was what I found......

Now on to the sneaky little girl
Elaina will roll all over the place.  She loves rolling to get shoes.  I am always taking either mine or Josiah's shoes away from her.  Well yesterday she found her something else to get. 
Josiah's paci

Josiah just saw this pic and said Sissy got my paci

We have kept her green hospital in her crib to keep Josiah from getting it.  She has a pink one and purple one that she use out of her bed (both of which I think I have lost).  She also has one attached to a duck.  Josiah knows that his are green and he has one blue one and the duck, pink, and purple ones are Elaina's and he leaves them alone.  Luckily he didn't see that she was using one of his.

No comments:

Post a Comment