Monday, June 18, 2012

Horses

Last Monday we went with our Meet Up playgroup to a horse farm.  We were able to look at the stables and pet some of the horses.  Josiah was a little unsure of all the horses at first, but he was excited that his friend Simon was there.  Simon was in Josiah's preschool group and we have not seen him in about a month.  I noticed at one point that they were holding hands as they were walking to the pond at the ranch.

Of course Elaina was there too.  I had to keep her in the stroller for fear that she would climb over the fence in end up with the horses.  (She is our fearless climber)  She had fun and was laughing and pointing at the things she wanted to see.  I tried to get one of the other moms to take a picture of her petting one of the horses at the end, but she wasn't having any of that.  She was fussing and pulling her hand back.  I wasn't going to force her to pet it just for a picture.

Right before we left the lady brought out one of her horses, and Josiah decided he wanted to pet it.  We had a lot of fun.  I am so blessed to get the opportunity to do things like this with my children.

I love that we live in a place like NWA where one day we are at a farm petting horses and the next we can go to a splash park or a world class art museum, and they are all FREE.  Don't get me wrong there are things I miss about South Arkansas, mainly being close to our families.  Oh and trees; I really miss the tree lined streets of Magnolia.  Although I don't miss the tons of pine straw that covered our yard each year.

No comments:

Post a Comment