Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pete comes to visit

Last week my cousin and her boys were up here for football camp, so Pete came over to play with Josiah.  Right after we picked Pete up, we went up to the field to see Trey.  He was working a team camp so we went up there so the kids could play.  Josiah LOVES to get to run on the field and play football.  We stayed until there were a break in the games and the kids could run around on the field, and the we headed back home.  The boys wanted to go swimming but I made them eat lunch first. 

After lunch poor Elaina was about to pass out in her chair, so I put her in bed to nap.  I went out to start filling up the pool and then got they boys changed into their swim suites.  Josiah was so excited that Pete was here to swim with him. 

They had so much fun running and jumping into the pool.  I loved getting to hear them laugh as they were playing.  They played outside in the pool for over an hour before I made them come inside.  I knew Josiah needed a nap because we had VBS that night. 

Josiah wanted Pete to take a nap with him and Pete agreed to lay down with him.  That, however, did not last long because Josiah would not leave him alone.  There was no way that Josiah would fall asleep, so Pete decided to get up and come watch TV in the living room with me. 

Shortly after he got up Elaina woke up.  She usually wants to sit in my lap for a few minutes when she gets up in the morning or from her nap.  But not this time.  She wanted to sit in Pete's lap.  He was happy to let her sit with him. 

It is always nice to have family come to visit, but I really loved that Josiah got to play with his cousin.

No comments:

Post a Comment