Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Potty Training success

I have been wanting to post this for a long time, well about a month, but I was afraid I would jinx things.  Elaina is POTTY TRAINED!!!!! She was really easy, and I think that was bc she wanted to go in the potty and we didn't wait to long.  She is already pretty stubborn, so I can only imagine how hard it would have been if she was really old enough to know that she had complete control over the whole thing. 

I bought one pack of pull ups for night time and outings, but we didn't even use all of them.  We were concerned about night time because she wasn't waking up with a dry diaper in the mornings.  Trey would wake her to go potty when he would go to bed and we really didn't have many mornings that she woke up wet.  After about a week of that he stopped waking her up during the night and she still woke up dry in the mornings. 

After a mistake by me she became afraid of public toilets.  I forgot about the automatic flushing toilets, and of course the thing flushed like 5 times before I could get her off of it.  She became terrified of public bathrooms and would SCREAM "No momma, No momma" as soon as she realized that we were within 10 feet of a bathroom.  So I would take her out in a pull up, but again she rarely wet it. 

After a successful trip to Branson (including Silver Dollar City) with no accidents, I feel that it is safe to say that she is 100% potty trained.  She will go in a public bathroom if she really has to go, but you can't make her go just bc you think she might need to. 

We have had a few accidents but that is just part of it.  After our Branson trip that was a complete success we go to Chuck E Cheese and not 2 minutes after she told that she didn't have to go potty she peed her pants so bad that even her socks were wet.  I guess she didn't want to miss out on the fun we were having.  Thankfully there was an extra pair of sock in the bag and I learned to make sure that I packed extra socks with her clothes. 

Unlike Josiah, who wanted to go potty just to wash his hands, Elaina rarely says she has to go when she doesn't have to.  So I have learned that when I hear "momma, pee pee" that we need to get to a bathroom rather quickly. 

It is really kind of nice to get a break from the diapers for a few months.  I have also learned that having 2 bathrooms is really nice with 2 potty trained kids.  It is amazing how many times that they both have been needing to go at the same time.  Or it may just be Josiah's way of trying to aggravate her, by beating her to the potty.  He does like to try to figure out which bathroom Trey or I are going to and try to beat us to it. 

I am so proud of my big girl and that I have a break from diapers for a little while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment