Well I should start talking about this trip by saying that Trey and I desire the parent of the year award (yes that is said with a huge amount of sarcasm. The night before we left we decided to pack the kids clothes in Josiah's little suitcase so that we wouldn't have to do it in the morning and could get out quicker. I made sure that I rounded up there swimsuits and packed extra clothes for Elaina, since this was our first trip with her potty trained.
| Riding the train to play mini golf |
The next morning as I finished packing Trey's and my bag, I decided that I should probably take the kids an extra pair of pants. So I just put the in the end of out bag. As Trey was loading the van I decided that I needed to take the kids jackets and grabbed them as we got in the van to leave.
| Kids had fun on the mini golf course |
When we got to the hotel Trey grabbed our bag and the kids life jackets and then asked of he needed to get anything else I out. I said the kids suitcase and that is when we realized that we forgot their bag at the house. Thankfully I had packed the kids some extra clothes extra clothes in out bag, but I didn't have a shirt for Josiah or swim suits. So off to Wal-Mart we went, we were able to get Josiah a swim suit and a shirt and then found Elaina a pair of shorts to swim in (don't get me started on swim suits for 2 year olds).
After that we decided to go play miniature golf and the kids had a blast. We got to ride a little train to start the course and the kids liked that. Elaina decided after the first hole that she liked to take one swing then walk and pick up her ball and go drop it into the hole. That worked great until the last hole, which kept the ball. Then she decided she would grab Josiah's ball and drop it in the hole to see what happened to it. He was NOT happy about that so Trey and I let him hit our balls in the hole and then he was ok that she dropped his in.
| Elaina created her on game; pick up the ball and go drop it in the hole |
| Trey & I had fun too |
I don't think that I have seen it that crowed except one Christmas season, years ago. We thought that we would go on Wednesday (the 1st day of the week that it was opened) to avoid the crowds. Well the weather made a turn for the worst and they were predicting a lot of snow on Thursday and stay cold the rest of the week so I guess everyone else decided to go on Wednesday too.
| Hey where my ball go? I'll see what happens to brother's too. |
The kids didn't mind the crowds and most of the kids rides weren't that affected by the crowds. They had opened a new roller coaster so I am sure that had really long lines, but we weren't looking to ride that. Maybe after the baby is born and my parents are with us to keep the kids, Trey and I will get a chance to ride it.
We also got to do a little shopping on out trip. We all had a lot of fun, but hopefully next time we go it will be warmer and we won't forget the kids bag.



Sounds like you guys were making great memories! We miss you guys. Don'a
ReplyDelete