Sunday, August 18, 2013

Duck Duck Surgery

I had to preform emergency surgery to reattach Duck Duck's leg.  Duck Duck (or Ducky as she has started calling it some) is Elaina's duck that use to have a paci attached to it, but the paci came off over a year ago.  She was fine with the paci coming off as long as she had them both.

We noticed the leg had started to off at bed time.  We knew there was nothing that I could quickly do to fix it, so we showed her the tear and told her to be careful with it during the night.  I was afraid that it was going to come off completely during the night, but it didn't. 

Sewing the leg back on Duck Duck was a lot harder than fixing the rip in Catty's neck for Josiah. It was hard to get it lined up to start with and then the fabric was so thick that it was hard to push the needle through.

I was able to get the leg reattached and Duck Duck is as good as new, well a dingy pale new.  Elaina was so happy to get Duck Duck fixed.
  

1 comment:

  1. this new baby that will be coming to our household in March NEEDS to have an animal paci like your babies have had! I still remember Josiah's orange kitty he had. OMG i ran across a pic of Josiah and Shelby when they were LITTLE BITTIES in the nursery...i cried... pregnancy hormones or missing yall? I think both! LOve ya :) your babies are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete