Friday, August 16, 2013

week end review

We had a really busy weekend.  Not only has football practice started back, but I had to have a tooth pulled.  Thankfully I was able to schedule it when I knew my parents were going to be here to help with the kids.  They got here late Thursday night and left Monday around noon.

Friday I had a tooth pulled and I was really worried about it.  The dentist sent me to a oral surgeon, who was determine to use the IV sedation.  I didn't want that because of the cost and didn't want to extra medicine in my system because of Emmett.  I finally got it through to them that I just wanted the local numbing meds, probably when I only paid for the local.  It was not near as bad as I had feared.  It sounded horrible and I will admit I kept my eyes closed the whole time and did a ton of praying, and my prayers were answered because it didn't hurt and I remained calm through out it.

Saturday Josiah had his first soccer practice; Trey and my dad took Josiah and Elaina and went to practice.  My mom stayed behind to help me get Emmett ready and then we headed to practice.  They were finished by the time we got there.  After that we went to Sam's and my mom got her a iPhone.  She (like me about a month ago) finally gave in a got a smart phone.

After that we headed to Tontitown for the Grape Festival.   This was our third summer here and we finally made it for the grape ice cream.  I had heard about it since we moved up here and finally got some.  It was really good, but I think it is definitely a once a year treat.

The kids got to ride the carnival rides and they had a blast.  We let them decided what they wanted to ride and Elaina was adamant the she wanted to ride the cars.  Josiah wanted the big slide and Elaina said no cars.  (They had enough tickets to ride all the little kid rides if they wanted to).  So Elaina wait till Josiah got done with the slide and she headed to the cars.  As soon as they let her in she ran around to the blue bug looking car and climbed in; she thought she was hot stuff.

They also talked my dad into riding the Ferris Wheel.  I know they loved riding with Papaw Wayne.

Sunday Trey and I both slept till after nine.  I can't remember the last time I have slept that late.  I did wake up around 5 to fed Emmett, but we both went right back to sleep.  I guess I was really wore out and needed the extra sleep.  Sunday evening Trey took the kids to the football swim party.  I stayed home because I didn't really feel like getting out and I wasn't going to swim anyway.  They all three came home worn out, especially Trey.

I am so thankful that my parents were able to come help with the kids while I had a tooth pulled.   They kids had a lot of fun and I was able to get my tooth pulled and rest without worrying about who was going to take care of the kids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment