Friday, December 27, 2013

Snow Days 2013

or  Snowpocalypse  as the news was calling it.

Well I finally got my wish that I made when we moved up here 2.5 years ago.  I said when we moved in that I would like to sit outside at night and watch it snow.  Trey and I were able to do that Wednesday night.  It was peaceful and really pretty.

We even tested the out the driveway to see how well it would do for sledding the next day.  It worked great.  The kids woke up Thursday so happy to see that Daddy was still home and the excitement grew even more once they looked outside.

This was the first snow day that we have had since we moved up here.  Elaina kept begging for a snow man but the snow was to powdery to make one, so they had to settle for sledding.  It was great for sledding because we got about 2-4 inches of sleet (which turned to ice) before the snow.  The slop of our driveway was perfect.

We bundled the kids up the best we could.  Emmett had a snowsuit thanks to a friend that gave us one the day before.  (I wasn't going to buy any this year because we haven't ever needed the ones I have bought in the past).  Elaina was able to wear Josiah's old one and poor Josiah just had to layer on regular clothes.  He did fine except for his hands.  For some reason I thought he needed gloves instead of mittens when I bought his last year and he could not get them on his hands at all.  Once we were able to get out and get him some mittens he did much better.

Emmett wasn't really happy to be out in the cold.  I think it was more because he couldn't participate in any of the fun.  So I planned my snow playtime around his naps.

We really enjoyed the snow, but I will admit that we did get a little cabin fever and had to get out of the house some.  Thankfully Trey was off so he could take us places, because there is no way that I could have driven in all that snow and ice.  Trey was out of school for 5 days and it took a week for things to return to normal around here.  There were still ice patches on the road for several more days and the snow piles in parking lots are still there over 2 weeks later and several days of 50-60 degree weather. 

No comments:

Post a Comment