Saturday, March 14, 2015

Allergies, a Wall, a Little Sun, and a lot of Rain

This past week was crazy one.  Elaina had bad allergies the first part of the week.  I think I asked her what was wrong 10-12 times Monday because I thought she was crying, but it was just her eyes watering.  She had a bad cough and runny nose to go along with her watery eyes.  Monday night she started running a fever, so we had to miss preschool on Tuesday.  I let everyone know Monday night that we wouldn't be there, and of course she wakes up fine Tuesday.  We still stayed home just in case.

Thankfully we had someone coming the holes in the wall from where we had our shower repaired, so Josiah thought that was why we missed preschool.  The good thing about him thinking that is that he was not mad at Elaina for missing preschool.  The wall looks great and you can't even tell that it was repaired.  I was so relived that it turned out so well; I was worried about patch showing because of the texture of the walls.  Wednesday the guy returned and painted the wall and it now looks perfect.

We usually go to the library on Wednesday for the first story time, but this time we went to the second.  It was too late for the first one by the time the wall was finished, but the kids needed out of the house.  Elaina didn't have speech that day, so the late start didn't matter.  By the time we got home the sun was shining and it was warm (first time in countless day).  The kids went for a quick rest then were kicked outside.

Thursday was suppose to be a rainy day, but we woke up to sun.  I had to met a lady at the gas station down the road to sell some of the dresses Elaina has out grown.  Since we were already out and about we decided to go to the park.  The kids played for a while, but were not happy when we left.  They wanted to stay and play longer.  We made a game of how fast we could get in and out of wal-mart for milk and some face soap.  I started the timer when I put the van in park and stopped it when I put the key in the ignition.  We made it in and out in 12 minutes.  I think that is pretty impressive when you take in to consideration that included unbuckling and buckling Emmett in and out of his car seat and the milk and soap are on opposite ends of the store.  The most impressive feat is that Josiah and Elaina cooperated for him to buckle her in her seat.  Most of the time that includes a punch or two, a couple of pinches, and a few kicks.  After that we stopped a got pizza at Eureaka.  They were celebrating their 23 anniversary with $2.30 sent large pizzas, so we grabbed a couple for lunch.  The kids rested for a little while then we went to Elaina's dance class.  The rain started after her dance, so we couldn't play outside.

Friday was so crazy it deserves it own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment