After they got up from resting, I kicked the kids outside to go and enjoy the sunshine. While Josiah and Elaina were flopping around they woke Emmett. Apparently he heard me kicking the other to outside, because as soon as I walked in the room he started saying "outside, outside, I go outside." There was no need to force him outside, because he sprinted to the backyard the
After the cake had cooled I iced it with the only icing I had, bright orange. The kids loved it and then they set to decorating it. Josiah wanted to put a football on it, so I found a cookie cutter to fill in with sprinkles. Elaina a star, but I couldn't find the cutter. She settled for a heart filled in with star sprinkles. Emmett decided that he wanted to add another heart to the cake. They were so proud of the cake they made for their daddy.
After the cake was finished, I sent the back outside to play. They kept coming back in looking to see if Trey was home. Then Josiah came in asking if they could get the chalk and draw on the patio, so I told them ok. They both came running through the house to the garage to get the chalk, and Emmett was running about a half a step behind them. I thought that was just a plot to check and see if Trey was home, but they ran back out and started drawing.
By this point I had supper in the oven and was ready to come out and play with them, but I hear Josiah explaining a plan to Elaina. I see him drawing and saying here is the living room, this is your room, here is Emmett's, and then mine. I know if I go outside they will stop playing so I decided to just grab the camera and try to sneak a few pics. Next thing I here is come on let's do our plan and they start running into the house. When they come back out Josiah told me their plan was get to his window and look for dad. They went back out and started reworking there plan and I snapped a few pics. I decided to stay inside so they will continue to play well together.
When I hear the garage, I run out and have the kids sneak through the gate to scare their dad. They love hide by the gate until he parks and then run out screaming or roaring. We had a little while before supper so we played out in the front yard.
It wasn't long before Josiah wanted to ride his bike. He had convinced Trey a while back to take off the training wheels, so bike riding has been a daddy only thing. I knew that had to be a daddy thing, because I got to frustrated with him with his training wheel crashes. I finally figured out that what I thought was intentional crashed was him just trying to force the training wheels to touch the ground. Once I explained that they were not suppose to touch the ground he was better.
Trey got a little frustrated with him and his crashing (seemed to be on purpose), so he walked over to check on Elaina, who was across the circle on her tricycle. Trey said the next thing he knew Josiah had jumped on his bike and rode several yards. He actually had to crash to avoid Emmett. When I came back out after getting the food out of the oven, he was so excited to show me that he could do it by himself. He did a really good job, but is still really wobbly and doesn't know how to stop without halfway falling and then jumping off.
Trey said that seeing Josiah accomplish riding a bike was a great birthday present.



No comments:
Post a Comment