I had no intention of stopping blogging period, much less for this long. We have moved from Springdale to West Memphis and things didn't go as we had planned. We put the house on the market in April but didn't have much interest in it until we changed realtors in July. Our house went under contract and we wouldn't close until September 11. We weren't happy with that close date, but decided to go ahead and accept the offer.
Josiah was going to start Kindergarten mid August, so we had started making plans to see how we could get to West Memphis for the start of school. Thankfully we had some wonderful friends that loaned us there camper and we were able to stay at the KOA starting Aug 16th. We had planned on stay right at a month and be out on Sept 11. Well apparently not everyone thinks that getting the things done that they need for loans and buying a house in timely manner is important. Our buyer had several delays for missing documents and things that her bank needed to process her loan, so we ended up closing on Sept 25. Thanks to our realtor and closing agent for getting it all done, because our buyer and her team sure didn't seem to care.
While in the camper we didn't have reliable internet and during the move I lost the power cord for my laptop. Then after we got in the house I just didn't know were to start so I kept putting off writing a post. I finally decided that I just need to jump back in and start blogging. This post is just a jumping off spot to get me going. I am going to do a what have they been up to post for each kid and also try to post a current post to get back in the swing of things.
We getting settled in the house now and now that football season is over we are going to start painting and making it our own. Moving during football season is not fun, but we did have plenty of help getting everything from the storage building to the house. The kids have been amazing through it all, especially spending a month in a camper where they all slept in the same space, but thankfully they each had their own bed.
We have found a church that we all like, and the kids love the AWANAs. I joined a weekly Community Bible Study class and Elaina and Emmett go to a children's class and are making friends. We also go to the story time at the library. (Elaina was a little concerned about the library when we first went because it was small. As we pulled up she said, "This is a lot smaller than I expected." But as soon as she walked in and saw the Henry Hugglemoster and Lala Loopsy books sitting on the shelf she was sold.) Josiah is loving school and Trey had a successful football season. So I think it is safe to say that we all settling into our new community.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment