Josiah decided it was time to practice his next American Ninja Warrior move and went across the arch monkey bars backwards. Elaina and Emmett just played all over the playground.
After we had been there a while I checked the weather and saw that the rain wasn't suppose to arrive till Sunday. So after talking with Trey, I decided to take the kids to the zoo. We are fortunate enough to live about 25 minutes from the Memphis zoo. Since it is so close and such a fantastic zoo we decided to join as members so that we can go whenever we want.
This time we looked at the half of the zoo that we didn't see last time. Although we had to start at Big Cat Country again because the kids all agreed that they wanted to see that part and it right next to the entrance. They love looking at the lions and tigers and having to search for the other cats in their habits. Some of them are such good at blending in to their environment that I am not sure it they were hiding or in their inside areas. Josiah hopes that one day he will get to see the Cheetahs running at full speed.
After the cats the kids begged to play on the playground but I told them that we needed to explore more first. So we headed towards the penguins, but we didn't spend much time at them because they saw the music area. They loved playing with all the different instruments that they had set up.
We saw the bird house and the petting zoo. Elaina loves a little bird that she thought was so cute. I'm not sure that I agree with her but it was her favorite of the day. Emmett loved the chickens and the ducks at the petting zoo. Josiah's favorite are still the cheetahs.
| The little bird that Elaina loves so much because it is so cute! |
| He was so excited about seeing the chickens. Then he wanted to chase them. |
We also saw the aquarium, pelicans (which they thought were swans), and a few other animals. Then we circled back to the playground. This time the kids won and we stopped and they played. Josiah saw some friends from school and Elaina quickly made a friend to play with also. Emmett was just happy to climb all over everything. We stayed at the playground for a long time. Most of the kids had left and at one point I think my kids and Josiah's friends from school were the only one left. The kids all then decided to play tag together and they had a blast. Emmett and I were getting tired so I had to give the 5 minute warning (which as usual lasted way longer than 5 minutes).
We were all so tired that we all agreed to skip the giant pandas this time. They are my favorite and Memphis is one of the few zoos in the country that has them. (I was in grad school at Ole Miss when they got them, and I remember all the hype surrounding their arrival.) We did get lured in my the animals of the night exhibit. Then we headed home.
| Josiah said he did not like the goats. He said they sound creepy and are nasty. When asked why nasty he whispered because of all the poop everywhere. |
We had a great time and were all extremely tired when we got home. The kids are already talking about the next time we go to the zoo. Elaina said on the way home that she was glad that we moved because now we live near the best town ever. She says that Memphis is the best town ever. I guess between the zoo and the Pyramid Bass Pro are the requirements for best town ever to a four year old. She says she still misses her friends but is glad we live near the best town ever.
| In case you are wondering it is impossible to get a picture of all three of them look at me and not being silly. |



No comments:
Post a Comment