Sunday, December 6, 2015

A party, some shopping, and a movie night,

We had a nice relaxing weekend.  We got to spend a lot of time together having fun.  Of course I didn't really take a lot of pictures.  I just forgot to, but we still had a good time.

Saturday morning we went to a birthday party for a little girl in Josiah's class.  Her mom is the local librarian and know Elaina and Emmett, so she invited them too.  It was at a local gymnastic place and the kids had fun running all over the place and playing with the other kids.  We had one little injury but nothing major.  Josiah rolled over one of the mats and somehow carpet burned under his eye.

After the party we went to Southaven for some shopping.  I needed to return a few things and pick up some stuff from Sams.  I also like to go to Aldi while we are there and do my grocery shopping.  We got the things we needed from Sams and I returned a little Christmas outfit that my mom had gotten Elaina that had a whole in it.  When we finished up our shopping we stopped and got gas it was $1.61 so I was glad that we were almost empty.

After that Trey ran into Lowes and returned the supplies that we didn't need when we painted the kids rooms.  After that we headed Aldi.  We get about 10 feet into the store and the lights go off.   We stand there for a minute and then realize that the cashiers are still able to check people out and that they aren't making people leave.  The kids are in the middle of picking out their cereal and I notice that milk is 99cents so we decide to go ahead and do our shopping.  The store was small enough that we could see well enough to get most of the stuff we needed.  The kids seems to be in awe of shopping in the dark, because they stayed right by the cart and were calm and quiet.  Once we left the store we noticed that the whole area was in the dark and there were police officers directing traffic.

When we got home we at supper and settled in for a movie night.  Elaina had been asking for a movie night with popcorn for a while and Saturday was the perfect night for it.  Thankfully I had found popcorn in the dark at Aldi.

We watched Inside Out and enjoyed some snuggling on the couch.  The kids also got a special treat of popcorn in the living room.  It was a nice ending to are great day of spending time together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment