Josiah & I had a really good evening. We got to go eat at the college with Trey and they just happened to have spaghetti (which is Josiah's favorite). He ate really well and smiled at everyone with his s'ghetti face.
| Trying to eat fruit snack with his paci in his mouth |
We got home and he played for a minute then I got his bath ready. He loves his baths again, so no more bubble baths until he is old enough to ask for one (Click here for the story). He splashed and splashed until I was soaked. He had a blast playing with his cups and duck. He stood up when I asked him to to help wash his bottom, and the sat right back down to play. When it was time to get out he stood up and reached for me and got right out.
The only bad part was he took off running before I had dried his legs and feet, and of course he slipped and fell and started crying. I picked him up and notice that he had cat litter stuck to him because he fell right by their box. I thought I would just put him back in the tub to wash it off, but he wanted to be held. I pried him off me and wash him off and got him out again. This time he clinged to me, which got the remaining dry spot on me soaked.
After the bath we played for a little while and I could tell that he was getting sleepy. I asked him if he was ready to go to bed and, he grabbed his blankets and ran to his little couch. It was unfolded so it was like a mat. He laid on it and I covered him up and turned out the light. He is a ROUGH sleeper and started flopping around. I decided that this was not a good idea, and that he needed to go to bed in order to get a good nights sleep. So I told him that we needed to go to his room and get in his bed. He grabbed his Elmo house shoe that was next to the couch, his blankes, pointed to his couch, and started walking to his room. I picked up the couch and carried it to his room. I put it on the floor and then picked him up and we said our prayers. I love that he will say Amen when we finish a prayer. I laid him in his bed and covered him up. He grabbed his blanket tag and snuggled up with it. He did not make a peep not even a token cry.
I love my little monster so much, and nights like tonight remind me just how big he is getting.



No comments:
Post a Comment