Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Day

Well I guess I should say sleet day, because that is what it has done all day long.  We took Josiah out in it this morning has we were leaving for church.  We left early to run by Kroger that is going out of business, we got a lot of baby food, bottle liners, juice for us, spices, etc. all for half price.  As we were leaving the store we decided that we needed to go on back to the house because of the weather.  A tiny bit of snow and/or ice will shut everything down.  No snow plows or salt trucks here.  When we got back to the house we found out that church had been cancelled because of the weather.

He loves to "drive" Lightening

Running wild as the sleet is starting to stick

It is almost impossible to get a picture of me and him
Trey and I went outside to check things out while Josiah was napping after lunch.  It was a steady sleet and really starting to stick.  I think our yard had the most accumulation of our neighbors, probably because we have the worst grass. 

Trey checking out the sleet.
After Josiah woke up we took him back out in it.  He was not to sure about it all.  He didn't want to keep his gloves on and would bite them off as soon as Trey put them back on him.  He did have fun riding Lightening in the drive way and road.  Of course he found the water puddle that was not frozen solid and wanted to play in it. 

Notice the mitten in his mouth.  He kept biting them off
Trey trying to put on the mittens
Roads starting to ice over.
Little boys will always find the puddles!!
As it was getting dark it finally started to snow.  We took him back to see the snow.  He had fun running around in it, but by this time he was getting tired and hungry.  He was ready to come back inside and didn't even fuss when came inside.


Playing in the snow with Daddy

It is cold out here, Let's go inside.
It is still doing a sleet/snow mix and I am out of school tomorrow, so I am sure we will get to have some more fun.  Maybe there will be enough for a snowman. 
I love his little boot prints in the snow

No comments:

Post a Comment