Josiah is a little jealous of Elaina from time to time, but usually he likes to help out. He will throw her diapers away for me or tell me when she cries. Anytime she cries he will tell me "Sissy crying" or "why her crying", well every time except when he has made her cry. He is really good with her, but he is rough. He will grab her toes and say tickle tickle while pinching her toes and shaking her foot. There are times though that he doesn't want to help or even acknowledge her at all.
We have always said a prayer right before we tucked Josiah in at night and he will say Amen and then give Trey & I a kiss. We have started to include Elaina in this and she get the best kiss from her brother. Trey and I get the head turned in our direction mouth open can we get this over with type kiss, but Elaina gets a sweet kiss on the back of her head.
I was giving Elaina a bottle the other day & Josiah jumped up in my lap too. After nearly smushing his sister, he grabbed her bottle. He wanted to feed her so I helped him. Of course he got bored before she finished , but he had a good time.
One day he was fussing while I was getting Elaina dressed so that we could leave the house. Her bows were in the suit case at the foot of the bed so I asked him to pick out one for her. Of course it did not even come close to matching but that is the one she wore. He was so proud of himself, so my daughter went out with a red bow and a pink dress.
Elaina was in her swing, and Josiah ran into my bed room. I heard getting into the suitcase and came running out with one of Elaina's flower bows. He ran over to her and set it on her head, started laughing, and went back to playing.
I know that he will continue to be jealous from time to time, but at the end of the day he really is a good helper and an even better big brother.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment