Josiah has said/did a lot of cute and/or funny things lately. I want to share them on the blog so that they will be recorded in my book that Trey gets printed off of here each year.
This past Monday I was really stressed. Josiah was cranky and Elaina would not eat properly. Josiah didn't want anything to do with me while I was trying to feed Elaina so I made sure that my mom didn't mind watching him and took Elaina to a different room. Trey had just called and I was talking to him while trying to clam Elaina. She would just scream if I tried to feed her. I was at my wits end when Josiah ran into the room handed me Elaina's paci and said "here momma sissy crying." Well that set off the waterworks. I was bawling like a baby. I was so proud of my little boy that he wanted to help his sissy.
The other day Josiah was running around the living room playing & Elaina was lying on her playmat in the floor. I was a little nervous putting her down with Josiah playing, but he has to learn to be gentle with her at some point. All of the sudden he yells uhh ohh momma and grabs his blanket. He then runs over to Elaina, who had spit up, and wipes her mouth with his blanket. Now that may not seem like a big deal to most people, but he is very possessive with his blankies. He wouldn't even let me use one to cover up with one day in the car.
I asked Josiah for a hug and he told me no. Then about 15 seconds later he told me "Come Momma," I hear that a lot. That is what he says anytime he wants to show you something or go somewhere. I took his hand, stood up, and walked about 3 steps; then he told me to sit. He patted the spot on the floor where I was suppose to sit. I sat down and he started to walk away, he got about 10 steps away, and turned around and gave me the biggest smile ever. He the started running to me & gave me the biggest "running Monster hug" that he has ever given me. Running Monster Hugs are the most awesome hug that you can get.
One night after I put Josiah to bed, I heard him get up. I went to check on him and before I could even ask why he was up he handed me the Ipod (which he claims is his) and told me charge. I looked down at it and sure enough it had died and needed charging. He then asked for a book and went right back to bed. All I could do is laugh. Our little boy truly amazes me daily.
I had hurt my toe walking into the buggy at Walmart (it was one of Josiah's "cool buggies" that have the seats that he can sit in attached to the buggy) and hurt my toe. Later that day I tripped over my parents dog Termite and hurt my toe again. A few days later (after we had went back home) I noticed that his toe was bleeding. I asked him what happen to his toe and he said in the most pitiful voice possible "Sermite did it." Anytime that you asked him what happened to his toe, knee, or what ever he has scraped he will say Sermite. I guess Termite is sneaking up here to get Josiah.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment