Friday we took Josiah to Chuck E Cheese. We told him we would if he let the dr stitch up his lip. And I guess technically he did let them (with the help of the board that they strapped him too). We had went a few weekends ago and let him play a little, but this time we let him play a lot more. There were only a few people there so I felt more comfortable letting him run to where he wanted to go and us following him.
At one point Chuck E Cheese came out and danced with the kids and Josiah cut a rug. He had a lot of fun singing and dancing. When Chuck E Cheese threw the tickets for the kids to pick up he only picked up the ones right around him. I was proud of him for sharing so well.
He played all the games that he wanted to and even rode a lot of the rides. He played on the little playground area while Trey and I ate lunch. I don't really know what we were think eating there. Josiah will not eat pizza so we packed him a lunch to eat in the truck on the way. Josiah loves eating out of his lunch box and if he gets to eat out of it in the truck it is even better. I still haven't figured out why we didn't get us something to eat elsewhere. (One thing that eating there made me realize that I miss South Arkansas where every restaurant has Dr. Pepper.) While were we were eating I fed Elaina. She really enjoyed all that was going on; especially the shows. She would kick her feet and clap when the kids on the screen were singing.
I guess I should mention that Elaina was awesome through all this. We didn't have anyone that we could call to come get Elaina at the hospital, so she had to stay up way past her bedtime. She did not fuss much other than when they started to give Josiah the shot to numb the cut. I think that was b/c she didn't want them to hurt her brother and she was beyond tired.
After we ate we let him play some more. You could tell that he was getting really sleepy so we let him put all his tickets into the counter and print out a receipt for them. He really likes to push the button to get the receipt. Trey was able to get all the tickets in with just 2 receipts. We decided to save his receipts so he can get a bigger prize next time, and the longer he goes without knowing about the prizes the better. He cried a little when we left, but nothing like the 1st time. I think he knew that he didn't have enough energy to throw a big fit, so he made sure that he just gave a few tears for good measure.
Park City Utah
4 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment